Eww! I just read a “cause” page on Facebook. It was about protecting marriage and it being between a man and a woman. Something on there said that government did not create marriage so they should have no right to define it. It’s in quotes but doesn’t say who said it. The people that posted were talking all about God and the bible and what’s right, etc. I have issue with pretty much all of that. The thing about government not creating marriage so they shouldn’t get a say. So do you not have to obtain a marriage license from the government to legally be married in this country? The government is already involved. How many people get married in a church by a father/pastor/etc so that it can be witnessed by God, etc? If they want God to witness it and bless it, why can’t they just do it in their house? God sees everything right? He’s everywhere right? Can’t they just tell God or whoever “we want to be married God, please bless us” and since He’s everywhere he’ll hear it and they’ll be married and blessed by God. Their marriage isn’t legal because God says so, it’s legal because the government says so. So yeah, the government is involved already. Another thing that gets me is all the talk about religion and God. I find that a lot of religious people are very judgmental. I don’t go to church that often, but I’m pretty sure it’s not our job to judge, that people will be judged by God or whoever is up there when it’s their turn. It’s not our job to go around judging people for what they do/don’t do, what they believe or don’t believe. HELLO HIPOCRITES! I’m pretty sure God or Jesus or whoever wouldn’t like you talking crap about other people, it’s not your jobs to police! I realize that is what I’m doing now and I’ll probably come back as a rock in my next life, but hey, this is my opinion. And I think that by being tolerant of others and things they chose to do and letting them be, that my karma will come around and I might just come back as someone’s favorite poodle.
A short escape to Cordoba in January
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment