Have you ever met any one who is great. But the timing wasn’t? Whether it was being super busy at work or past baggage or whatever. Do you ignore timing and jump? Or do you respect timing and do what you can? So far it’s the second one. And it’s really frustrating. But it’s also really great. But then it’s frustrating, ‘cause it’s great but also limited. It’s like a great frustrating circle. So I say “maybe in the next life”. A lot. Wishful thinking gets you no where. But I still do it. It’s kind of like bashing your head repeatedly against the wall. It hurts but for some reason you still do it….
On another note, my oldest girl tested last weekend for AP math going into 6th grade. Found out last week that she passed the test so she’ll be in AP math next year! Great for her, not so great for her horrible at math mother! Haha Better start to study up so I can help her, or at least google for help! J She also tried out for a honor choir a few months back and got it. Only a few kids from each school got it, and this past weekend they had their concert. I was SO proud! Like tears in my eyes at the end of every song proud! J
My youngest is doing great! In October her teacher and I had a meeting and I was told she might not pass the 4th grade. She also said she thought she might be ADHD. She was the 3rd teacher in about 6 months to say that, so I got my girl evaluated. She started on meds and is in programs for extra math help, where she really struggled. Now she’s getting A’s and B’s on her math tests! And her self esteem is on the rise as well. I didn’t really want to put her on meds, but I had to do SOMETHING to help her succeed. It was about her passing 4th grade but also about her self esteem, who wants to go to school every day and get in trouble everyday because you can’t sit still and pay attention. We’re SO lucky we got the teacher we did who really helped us out. Think I’ll write the principal a note to say what a great job the teacher has done.
A short escape to Cordoba in January
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment