CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

The new job, the new apartment, the new...?

Ahh geez, it’s been a while. The new job has been keeping me crazy busy. But I’m getting the hang of things. That is until they throw something new at me, that isn’t in the system, that I have to build from like 4 other things in order to quote that one little bit…. Luckily, I like the guys I work with and they are very helpful to me and always answer my questions. They even wait until I’m gone to complain! Haha! No they’re great and are actually a reason I applied for the position, ‘cause we always got along before. Some days I spend all morning fixing PO’s for other people, tracking down missing measurements on drawings or emailing all the issues the shop has with the drawings. But I work with a great team, so that makes it all better. We’re back to 40 hours, 4 9 hour days and one 4 hour day. So I get to keep my Free Friday, kinda… I love it still, ‘cause there are nights I don’t leave until 530 (I used to get to leave at 430, miss that!) and I’m in at 730. So to have a few hours to relax on Friday before the kids are out is great. Although they are on a 2 week break from school, so I’ll have to wait to enjoy it. Haha
Gonna be moving into an apartment soon, in the next few weeks or so. I’m excited, I’m scared, I’m excited! J will be home Nov 2, and that’s when it all begins about finding a new normal. The girls and I could stay in the house longer, but I want to get out of and move on a bit and just “be” in a space that’s mine and the girls. Our own little girls club, where others can’t just show up as they please and things like that. A place that has to be respected as mine, not “ours” or “his”. I was nervous to tell my girls about having to move, but once they heard there was a pool, they were game and started to plan swimming parties for next year. Of course once we’re moved in, they might have some issues, but for now, so far so good. I have to take the deposit on Friday, so I’m gonna take them to see the place and a unit like the one we’ll be getting. The place is big enough, and the price is good, so I’m happy. I’m trying to stay fairly close to where we are now, so the girls can stay in the same school. They will be in another district, but it’s still only a few minutes away by drive. So I’m happy with that. And it’s closer to their grammy’s house, so the girls are excited about that as well. I hate to move, but I’ll be happy when it’s over.
Keep trying to find the time to take some pictures of the girls. Get outside and go play with the camera. The leaves are changing and need to get it done before the trees are completely bare. Maybe this Friday. Learned a tip from my pro photographer sister in law about the “golden hour” of light, so between making the girls look presentable and making the golden hour, this should be quite a task! But I KNOW the pictures would come out beautiful. I usually take the girls to get their pictures done every summer, but didn’t get it done this summer. And they always lose their school pictures before I get them, so I have no current pics of my girls really. I don’t need to find the time, I need to MAKE the time!
Well, I’d better get back to work. Everyone is out today, and I’m not feeling very motivated, but I gots stuff to do!!
Hope everyone is having a great Monday, mine is pretty good!

0 comments: