CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

I guess I should introduce myself

I came over from Spaces since they have changed everything and I'm COMPLETELY lost! So I'll take a few minutes and introduce myself here.

I just turned 30 a few weeks ago. Was really dreading it, but now it's just another number. I think it helps that many of my friends also turned 30 within weeks of me! So we can all be old "together". By "together" I mean, hundreds if not thousands of miles apart. I've always moved around alot. Growing up we moved every 2-3 years, my dad was always looking for something better. As a "grown up" we moved alot also. The husband was active duty Army for 5 years, and we spent that in Holland. After he got out, we moved to NJ on/off for 3 years and now we're back in NM. He's originally from here and I claim San Antonio as home. My friends are all over the world, from Holland and England, to NJ and TX and several places in between. I'm still friends with people I've known since 3rd grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, etc. My friends mean the world to me, I'm very loyal, and I love them.

The husband and I will be married 10 years this coming June. We've dated since we were 16/17 years old. There was some time off in there before we got married, but we'be basically been together for 13 years. And although he drives me crazy with his habitual laziness/procrastination and marithon sessions of on-line gaming, at the end of the day he's still my best friend. He's still the person I want to tell my good/bad news to first. He's working in Iraq right now, and although I'm used to him being gone for periods at a time, I'm really missing him this time. I am sure that if he were here, he would be driving me crazy!
We've got 2 girls, ages 9 and 8. I like to call them trouble and more trouble. My oldest is already getting too big for her britches, I'm dreading teenage years already! She's very smart, does well in school and is a beautiful girl. My youngest is a ham and stubborn! She's got curly hair that people comment on, I tell them it hides her horns! But ever since she was a baby, she's always been full of life and such a character. Right now they fight like cats and dogs about EVERYTHING! It makes me crazy! 90% of the time they're in trouble, it's due to them arguing with each other! Please let me survive until they like eachother again!
A little about me. I've lived all over, consider San Antonio home, but actually live in NM. I love food, eating it and cooking it. Recipes are just a jumping off point for inspiration. I love to look at food blogs, the pretty ones with lots of pictures! Those are my favorite! I love to travel and just walk around town, go where the locals go. Explored Paris on foot and metro, it's the best! I'm not a huge drinker, but I do like my cocktails! Make the Chili's Presidente Margarita and it's SO good! Also make pomegrante mojitos! Why go out and buy it when you can make it at home, for cheap! That's how I feel about my food and my drink! I read a lot, pretty much anything. From chiclit to biographies. I love Russian history, so I'll read most anything on that. Russia is my ultimate dream vacation. I love history. I'm obsessed with houses and the design of them and also of furniture. I can spend hours online looking at real estate I'll never be able to afford. I like the modern design and also things from mid-centery modern like Eichler homes and butterfly roofs. They also use c-cans, shipping containers, in design now and that's very interesting!
Alright I'll give you a break now. The longer the post the apt I am to stop reading, won't do that to you! I hope to post more here than I did on Spaces.

Wish me luck! Haha!

1 comments:

Kat said...

Okay girlie, only because Jane showed this to me can I share with you. This is where I downloaded the template for my site, http://somanysmiles.blogspot.com.

Welcome to Blogger!