CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Work sucks

I work in the HR department of a construction company. I like my job for the most part, mainly I like to interact with people. The office is attached to our shop, so I see those guys most. They are my favorite group of all our sites. I hang out with them at work, they're good people and are very talented at what they do. I like to call myself (though mostly only to myself) the peoples HR associate! I care about our guys and about getting them what they need, treating them well, appreciating them, etc. I got a compliment from one of the guys, he said I was one of them. That was THE best compliment I could have gotten! It made my day! Those guys are the real reason I come to work everyday. I hope they realize I'm not full of shit like they think everyone else in the office is.


'Tis the season...?

Doesn't really feel like it. We laid off 9 people this past Monday and will lay off another 15 on Monday from one of our sites. They wanted to do it the day before Thanksgiving, we convinced them to wait until Monday. One of my favorite guys was on the first list, he came in today, it was not fun. Another of my favorites is on this next list, that will not be fun either. I was talking to a guy from the shop earlier this week about lay offs. The guys think if you work in the office, you're safe. Um no, I'm low man on the totum pole in HR, I'm expedable. Granted if they let me go, their new Intranet will be haulted as I'm the ONLY one who has 1/2 a clue as to how to get things on it! But if it goes that way, I wouldn't be surprised. All I can say is I'm glad the husband is working again. I hope they don't have to lay anyone from the shop off.


Bah humbug...and to all a good night!








0 comments: