CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catch ups

It’s Tuesday and that means volleyball night! We got our shirts yesterday so I’m excited to wear it tonight! Hopefully will remember to bring my camera and be able to take some pictures! I have a real problem remembering my camera. Haley’s first soccer game was this Saturday and I forgot it, but we were running late and the park was too far from the house to run back and get it. Boo! Bad momma! My nephews were in this weekend with my sister in law and her husband. Went to the PBR on Saturday also. For anyone who doesn’t like bull riding, sit next to an 8 year old, you’ll have fun! Yup forgot my camera. No good pictures from this weekend at all!

What I most want to do right now is take a nap! I had such a lazy weekend with naps included, I want one right now!! But there won’t be time tonight. Gotta run home and make dinner and then run off to volleyball. I’m always exhausted on Wednesdays now. Couldn’t be from the drinks I consume at volleyball could it? Naw didn’t think so! Haha! Hard ciders are just too tasty to resist! Especially when other people are buying them, then they taste even better! But perhaps I’ll try something else tonight. Maybe a crown and coke or a black and tan. Who knows! I love black and tans, they’re so pretty, all layered and stuff! And pretty tasty! Mmm might be a black and tan night tonight!

I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately. I get restless and just want to take off. Have no idea where I want to go, but I just want to go. Somewhere.

More news of my friend. He went to court last month and they were supposed to give him time served, but his court appointed lawyer didn’t file paperwork correctly. So they transferred him from county back to state. But supposedly the lawyer is working on getting it all straightened out. I hope. Then he can get out and get started on life again. He loves to cook, so I suggested taking some culinary arts classes at a local college and working in a kitchen at a restaurant. Sure he’d probably start out washing dishes or something, but it would be a start into something he loves. And it would keep him busy. Busy is good for someone who sometimes makes the wrong choices. I was so upset, he tried to call me about 2 weeks ago and I didn’t have money in the account for the company that does inmate calls, so it didn’t work. By the time I could put money on it, they were transferring him and he didn’t get to call again. So I missed my last chance to talk to him. I’m pretty bummed about that. I usually talked to him once a week. Sure it wasn’t cheap, but he’s my friend, and for my friends I would do anything. And hey, I have a job so I can do it. Besides, no one in his family set up accounts, including his wife, to be able to talk to him. I’m sorry but I think that’s messed up. He was in county for about 3 months in his hometown and no one went to see him. He wasn’t allowed to take his stuff (including my letters) with him back to state, he asked me to call his sister to have her go pick up his stuff. I left her a message, but I doubt she’ll do it. So his stuff (including my letters, a years worth) with be thrown away. It makes me sad. I can’t wait for him to get out and to be able to visit him, face to face and just have a conversation and reminisce and go see his moms grave and just enjoy a day. I’ve known him over half our lives, I love him and want him to do well.
Ok kids, back to work now! Boo!

1 comments:

Tricia said...

Well, how was volleyball? How were the black and tans?

The justice system is seriously messed up. Your poor friend.