CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Zoo

Took my girls and their auntie to the zoo today. Just decided it was a nice day to go, so I surprised them. Ok, I also wanted to play with my new camera, but I didn't tell them that! haha! I hadn't been to the zoo in I can't even remember. We saw every animal there was to see.


We started with the flamingos...
The flamingos at our zoo look orange, not pinkish. My friend and I were talking about them tonight and he and I decided that we were like the orange flamingos, different. I said they were orange 'cause they ate too many carrots, he said they ate too many oranges, and we both decided they'd definitely had too many generic Cheetos! I'll be sending him this picture, to keep him company and remind him that I think about him often.

Another of my favorites was the seals and sea lions. The girls had a good time here, the animals would swim right by the window, they were so cute! But trying to get a picture, not so easy with the glare and I had the wrong lens with me. So instead I stepped back and got the big picture...


We also saw the entire cast of Madagascar...starting with...
Alex the lion
Followed by Marty, who is either black with white strips or white with black stripes... I can never remember
And then Gloria the hippo

And who can forget Melman the giraffe?


The second best and first worst of the animals were the butt picking, poop eating chimpanzees. Yes they were picking their butts and eating poop, it was NASTY but everyone was laughing!!

The main culprit is above, this one below woke up just in time to get in on the action too! Looks all innocent sleeping doesn't he!?


And the sweet looking elephants were there too

I think the primates are probably one of my favorite groups, even the nasty chimpanzees. Here are some more from that family...

The orangutans
Such a sweet sad face...
Ree, I call her Monkey

The gorillas
The big tough male

This girl pounds her chest and claps!
I love to go to the zoo, but it also makes me sad. But then I think of what zoos try to do to improve the populations of endangered animals through breeding programs and things like that. I don't know. I'm gonna have to add our zoo to my United Way donations or sponsor a zoo animal or something.
All in all it was a good day! It got windy, we were done, so we went home! Hope everyone else had a good Saturday too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love to go to the Zoo. I feel bad for the animals as well. I know some of them are rescued but still. It breaks my heart. Love the pictures! Alan built the entire new enclosure for the elephants. All of the gates have hydraulics on them and he did those too. He always got to be inside with elephants and one of them always stole his hat. He lost like 3 hats to that elephant! He finally stopped wearing his hat inside the zoo but then ended up getting a sunburn on his bald head! LOL!

Kat said...

Nice pics!

My Castle in Spain said...

this is quite nice outing and...in the sun !
:-)