CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

That's how you get spit in your food!

My parents were here this weekend. They only live about 6 hours away, so they'll come down sometimes for the weekend. I always 1/2 dread it, 1/2 enjoy it. My mom is great, we get along just fine. My dad is kind of annoying, but he always help me around the house. He'll help me fix things I've been meaning to get to, but he always throws in his 2 cents. This weekend was no different.

I've been wanting a little garden to grow some vegetables and maybe some blueberries. I love the idea of having home grown veg right out my door. I wanted to make a little raised bed area, something small. So I read the Pioneer Woman, which I've linked on here before. It's a great blog! And she just happened to post some easy instructions on how to make a raised bed last week. Perfect timing! So my dad helped me, OK he did about 99% of it, make one.

Albuquerque restaurants have been featured on the Food Networks "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" about 4 different times. There was a new one on the middle of February, so we went to try it. It was a Mexican/New Mexican restaurant. They brought out this tiny bowl of chips, and with 5 of us, it didn't last very long. So my dad is trying to get more chips. His way of doing so was to hold up the bowl and stare at the waitress. My youngest, who isn't afraid to voice her opinion, goes "well that's a rude way to do it!" I would normally correct her and either tell her she was being rude or to mind her own business. But I agreed, he WAS being rude! So I just let it slide.

And that my friends, is how you get spit in your food! Don't be rude to your waiter/waitress! It's usually not their fault and they have the power to get spit in your food!! I'm hoping I said thank you enough for other things, that at least my food didn't come with anything "extra"!

By the way, the restaurant was pretty good. I had tamales, but my mom had the Indian taco. It's a taco made with a fry bread. It was REALLY good! And the beans were the best I've had in a long time! Cecilia's in Albuquerque, if you're ever here, try it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eww!!! How long have I lived in this freakin town? I have never heard of that resturant before ever. Interesting!

Hopefully they just spit in his food and not the rest of your tables.

Way to go dad!!

MyFrogs said...

It's on 6th and Gold. Way outta my neighborhood! We live in the heights! It was pretty good, but just kinda far from my house. It's little, like maybe 10 tables, only open til 3.

Yup, I'm hoping the rest of us were nice enough to be spared!! That's a perfect example of why my dad gets on my nerves! haha!