CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Grilled pizza

Is really good! I've seen it on tv but never tried it. We've been having nice weather here, so I grilled yesterday and today tried my hand at grilled pizza. I bought the dough, so I kind of cheated, but who cares. It's really quick and easy, just have all your topping ready before hand. The dough cooks pretty quickly, so you gotta move it around a bit. Otherwise you end up with burnt pieces like I did! In Holland we'd go to this Italian place that made salami pizza and it was so good! So mine had salami and fresh roasted red peppers! It was SO good, a good balance of salty salami and sweet peppers. The girls had cheese and pepperoni. The grill makes the dough crusty and still a little chewy inside, perfect for me. I ended up finishing them in the oven under the broiler to melt everything. I didn't want them to end up charcoaled by leaving them on the grill. Will definately do this again! Even just to make like cheese bread or garlic bread, the grill toasts so nicely! Looks yucky (I like lots of topping), but it was SO good and filling!

0 comments: