CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

How come...?

When I don't want my towel bar laying on the floor, it falls down? And when I want to switch it with another one, I can't get the flippin' thing off? That is what I dealt with yesterday! I decided I wanted to improve my tiny ugly boring master bath room. Went and got a few new towels and ended up also getting a new shower curtain, which lead me to new soap/toothbrush holder, which eventually I ended up at Lowes picking out a new towel bar and hand towel holder. I'm looking also for a small white shelf, but one without bracket things. I want the kind you don't see the brackets. Only finding black and brown, wanted white so your eye isn't immediately drawn to it, but maybe what's on it. Ok, so I can't get the blasted towel bar off! I finally pry the bar off the bracket thingys and then FINALLY get the holders off the wall. Wouldn't it be great if I could just put the new holder on the old bracket thingys?! YES it would, BUT they are not the correct way! So I have to drill new holes! Fun! (Well actually it kind of is, 'cause I get to use my drill that I won!) But I got it up and it looks good! Also got the hand towel holder up. I wanted something more modern looking, but they didn't have anything in a double bar.
Yay me!

I went a little crazy with the shopping yesterday. But it was ALL on sale, so how could I not..?

I also got this lamp at 50% off. I've loved this style of lamp for so long. It came with the shade. I might replace the shade with something more fun, as it looks a bit fancy with this one. The look is a bit traditional for me, that's why I want to change the shade. But it was a great deal and before this, the only light in the den was from the ceiling fan...no bueno.

If I had to pick a favorite purchase from yesterday it would be this...
Only $7 from World Market, the tag said it is suppsed to hold tea to keep the moisture out. Well, I don't drink THAT much tea, so I'll find something else to do with it. I liked it for the sparrows/swallows on it (can kind of see in 2nd pic). It also remided me of those tin mirrors and art work from Mexico. I love them, but wouldn't necessarily want one in my house. So this way, I kind of get it without it screaming at you from the walls!
It's Sunday and I'm loving the peace and quiet, except my dogs just went crazy barking over something they heard, so peace and quiet temporaily interupted!
Enjoy the weekend!

0 comments: