I finally got to talk to my friend tonight! He had called last week and I missed the call. Then he called tonight and I missed the call! As I was checking the message, my phone rang again and it was him! We didn't talk about anything important, I think we were both kind of in shock to be talking to eachother. Plus it was loud on his end. I am so excited though to have been able to talk to him! It's funny though, 'cause we did talk about the old days. I was telling him I remember the very first time I ever talked to him on the phone, like 16 years ago. His cousin called me and said "my cousin is gonna call you", I was at home unloading the dishes. Oh I'm so excited, but now it almost seems surreal. Like I wish I could have recorded the conversation so I could play it back and remember the details. I did make sure to tell him I loved him and I missed him, that's how we close our letters. It was funny, I haven't talked to him in so long, probably about 6+ years, so I only kind of remembered his voice. He's a grown up now and he kinda doesn't sound like it. Plus in our conversation, we planned a make up birthday party to make up for lost time when I get to come see him when he's out. I don't care if he thought I was silly or whatever, I was so genuinely excited to talk to him, I just kept saying "yay!" Haha! What a great Friday! Enjoy all!
A short escape to Cordoba in January
7 years ago

1 comments:
Very nice post. It is really exciting when you talk to someone close to you after such a long period..
Post a Comment