
Meet Chanel, or Nelly as she now known. It's only Chanel when she's in trouble, which really isn't all that often. She is our 21(ish) lb. miniature pinscher and one of the lights of my life. I LOVE this dog beyond reason. She's now about 12 years old and I'm dreading the day she leaves me. About 2 years ago I got the bug to get a dog. I grew up with dogs, but living overseas and moving so much, we had tried to have a dog and it didn't work. So about 2 years ago I got the bug. The husband said he wanted a min pin. I thought "whatever, if it gets me a dog." So we looked at the local shelters, but all the min pins in the shelters bit. And with kids, the shelters said no way. So I had found a min pin rescue online, IMPS, and submitted an application "just in case". About a month later I was checking out the site, browsing the dogs in the local area and found a little 7 lb. named Coco. I emailed for more information, and was told a little bit, and that she had come from the same home with her "sister" Chanel. "Would we be interested in both?" We figured with a 7 lb dog, how much hassel could another one be. So the wonderful Billie brought both Coco and Chanel to visit us to see if we would be a good match. We loved them, they loved running around smelling our house. So we got to keep them. Did you know it's almost as hard to adopt a dog as it is to adopt a kid? After having them for 2 weeks, we thought "how did we ever live without them"? Coco is my husbands dog, she wears sweaters, has a princess dress and LIVES under the blankets. Nelly is my dog and the sweetest thing ever (in my eyes at least!) People see the picture above and think she's a rottweiler. I have to explain she's a "medium" pin! This dog has been THE best dog ever! I can't explain why/how I love her so much, no one in my house loves her like I do. I always say when she dies I will either have her stuffed (kidding) or cremated (not kidding) because I wouldn't be able to "leave" her anywhere. She's the kind of dog who looks at you and knows what you're saying. Her fat little body and saggy belly will always make you laugh. The way her ears are cropped, she looks like a Longhorn cow. Her saggy belly looks like udders. She's the dog that follows you into the bathroom and just lays down to wait for you to finish...TMI? Haha My Nelly Baby is such a sweet little angel and I love her! Hope everyone has a Nelly at some point in their life!

0 comments:
Post a Comment