CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

My library

The lottery here was around $165 million until someone won on Saturday. I do play, but never win. But from the time I buy my ticket until the time I don’t win, I daydream about what I would do. There’s the obvious like quit my job, build my dream house, etc. But since I love love love houses and furniture and decorating stuff, I linger quite long on the house part. One room I linger the most on (besides kitchens and baths) is a library. I love love love love books. I love to read. My husband gets after me ‘cause I have books in boxes and on the floor next to the bed and under the coffee table, etc. I try to go to the library and just check them out. But I love owning them. So some day I want a beautiful library with lots of shelves of beautiful books. There would need to be a desk of course, but I would also require a cozy couch with a cozy blanket. I very rarely sit at home! If I’m on the couch, I’m lounging. Most of the time I watch tv in my bed. When I read, I’m laying on the couch or in my bed. I just love to be cozy. I don’t want a “stuffy” library like you see on tv. I would need to have some orange in there, my favorite color. I love Parsons tables so I imagine a white one used for the desk. I would love an Eames lounge chair, they are just beautiful. And maybe a Womb chair as well. I would debate having a large table in there, for projects, etc. As it is now, my bedroom is MY room, the kids can/will be kicked out at any time and they have to have permission to hang out in there with me. Like my little sanctuary. I would have to debate if my library would be a kid-free zone or not. ‘Cause when I have a tough day, I like to just go and shut it all out and either watch tv or read. If they could appreciate my library, then I might allow them in! haha! My husband offered to get me one of those things you download books onto and read it in electronic format. And I actually told him I didn’t want it because then I wouldn’t have books around. I don’t have a crazy amount of books, just 3-4 small boxes. I would probably only have about 4 sections in my library: chic lit, history, biographies, and cookbooks. Maybe a few more: decorating and coffee table books! Think of the library version of this house….
Someday…it’ll be beautiful!

0 comments: